Saturday, December 31, 2011

We're Walking!

It has been quite busy these past few weeks.  I finished with my first group of students and am planning for my next new group of students.  Matthew turned 1! And we celebrated Christmas.  We celebrated MJ's birthday at Grandma and Grandpa Hirsch's house.  Many people showed up to celebrate with us.  Kyle made MJ's cake and I got to decorate it.  MJ received many toys, which Lily loves to play.  On Christmas Eve, we went to Grandma Delores' house with Uncle Jon and Aunt Angie along with Brendon and Abby.  We had such a wonderful time with one another.  Grandma Delores made her famous and most delicious ham! Next it was off to Aunt Sally and Uncle Gary's house.  This was the first year we had Christmas at Sally's instead of Grandma Shirley's house.  Finally, we ended our Chirstmas Eve celebration at Grandma Bonnie's (Ford) house. Lily and MJ came home with a trunk full of toys.  Luckily, I picked up a little bit and moved some toys downstairs out of the way.  We didn't get home until about midnight!  Chirstmas morning, Lily got up at 7.  ::Side note:: Lily has a big girl bed.  MJ and Lily share a room, so Lily has a mattress on the floor, while MJ has the baby crib.  They are now successfully sharing a room together.  At first, when Lily woke up she would scream "Daddy, Daddy, I'm awake."  Then it progressed to her knocking on our bedroom door and waiting to be welcomed in to the bedroom.  Now, she comes on in and tells me she needs cottage cheese.  I'm still trying to decide if she wakes MJ up on purpose or accidentally, but that doesn't matter because she's waking us all up consistently between 6 and 7 am.  Ok, so it was about 6:30 when Lily came in Christmas morning.  I could have cried that morning because I felt like everything fell apart.  I didn't realize until Christmas was over, but the battery died and we only caught about 5 minutes on film.  Kyle woke up sick.  I wanted to start the tradition of reading the Christmas story from the Bible before we opened gifts, but it took Kyle quite awhile to get in the living room to celebrate with us.  MJ didn't really care about opening gifts this year.  He did like watching Lily open her gifts.  Well, our Christmas was over, but we still had two more that day.  We packed the kids back in the car, but before we were out the door Lily said she didn't want to go.  I told her that was fine, but bubby would open all her gifts and keep them.  I instantly knew she was tired when she responded by saying that it was ok for bubby to open her gifts.  Of course Lily went with us and we were off to Grandma and Grandpa Shoptaugh's house.  Presents took over the living room and dining room.  Lily and MJ, again, received so many toys and clothes.  Lily opened a princess stroller and was finished.  She almost cried as we made her open her last present.  Nap time quickly approached us.  MJ slept in Grandma and Grandpa's room, Kyle slept in the jungle room and Lily and I slept in my bedroom.  When we woke up it was about 3 and we gathered our things.  Next, it was our final destination, Grandma and Grandpa Hirsch's house.  We all walked in and there stood a shiny red bicycle.  Lily sat and pushed while Matthew sat on the back and held on.  MJ's face was the most precious!  He was so continent letting Lily chaeffure him around the living room and kitchen.  We are so truly blessed to have such a wonderful, loving, Christian family.  God has been amazing to us and we try not to take it for granted.

Now to my most exciting and recent news.  MJ is walking!  Matthew has been taking a coupld steps without holding on.  Apparently, he wanted to wait until Kyle and I were celebrating our anniversary out of town to begin walking long stretches without holding on.  Kyle and I returned today from Louisville and Grandma and Grandpa Hirsch said he has been walking, and sure enough, Matthew let go and walked about the length of their living room.  I love watching him walk.  He's so unstable as he is learning to walk.  He is a little wobbly and walks sideways.  He reminds of a crab because of the way he balances himself with his arms hanging out to the side as he side steps.  But my favorite part today was getting him up from his nap after we returned from being out of town..  I sat down with him and he grabbed my face with his little hands and leaned all the way in resting his forehead on my forhead and I could see him smiling.  I think he missed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment